From: RonChi on
I've been having problems when I go online. I've been getting this error
message:

SetImportedFunctions failed in EC_EWPCoreImpl::OnLibraryLoaded

When I get this, sometimes the computer will freeze, other times I have to
disconnect from the internet, and then reconnect, and other times the
computer
will restart on its own. I'm using a Compaq 7500 PC, and XP Home Edition SP
2. Can you help?

Thank you.

Ron

From: Mark L. Ferguson on
Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the Ethernet device,
Action menu, "Uninstall", then Action menu, "scan for hardware changes", to
find the device drivers again automatically.

--
Please use the Communities guidelines when posting.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales/help/help_en-us.htm

From: RonChi on
Thank you, Mark. I don't doubt that you know what you're doing. I see that
you are an MVP. But, can you give me a short expalanation of what happened in
this case, and what the solution is doing?

Thanks.

Ron

From: Mark L. Ferguson on
The driver for the device originally came from the drivers.cab file in your
Windows folders. Device manage opens a new copy.

From: RonChi on
Thank you again, Mark, for your very speedy reply and invaluable help. I've
done what you instructed, and the process went smoothly. I'll be back in a
day or so to confirm whether or not the problem was completely solved. I'm
sure it was.

Was there something I did to cause this, that I can avoid in the future?

Thanks again.

Ron