From: OlivierT on
Hi all,

I've got a windows 2003 server with 2 network cards. This serveur is member
of AD domain (connected on 1 network card).

I would like to have got a NTP server on the 2nd network card without losing
the NTP client with my AD (configured on my 1st network card).

How can I do this ?

Thank you,

Olivier
From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello OlivierT,

In a domain an automated time sync is running, so if the machine is domain
member don't mess the time with another time source. You can run into problems.
Why do you need this configuration?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: OlivierT on
Hello,

I want to activate ntp Server because some servers are in VLAN fully
isolate. All servers cannot communicate with other servers and are not member
of a domain. Only one server has got 2 network cards (1 on the VLAN isolate,
1 on the office LAN) and is member of a domain.
Because replication occures between 2 servers on the isolate LAN, time must
be correct at any time. The only solution i've found is to activate NTP
server on the server which has got 2 network cards. By this way, I would like
this server become a time reference for all servers in the isolate LAN and
this server is NTP client of my domain.

Olivier