From: run4it on
I am trying to install XP Pro again on a new virtual machine. I get to the
setup part of installing the OS and it just keeps telling me "setup could not
read the CD" I have pressed Enter again and again without luck. Please
advise.
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"run4it" <run4it(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Please advise.

Could it be that the XP CD is dirty...?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Colin Barnhorst on
As Mark says, wipe the disk with a soft cloth. Consider making an .iso copy
and using that. It is faster anyway.

From: run4it on
It did finally take, but it didn't end up making any difference. My old
software will still not run on the VPC. :-(

From: taoeugon2007 on
On 6ÔÂ16ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç10ʱ12·Ö, run4it <run...(a)discussions..microsoft.com> wrote:
> It did finally take, but it didn't end up making any difference. My old
> software will still not run on the VPC. :-(
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> > As Mark says, wipe the disk with a soft cloth. Consider making an .iso copy
> > and using that. It is faster anyway.
>
> > "run4it" <run...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to install XP Pro again on a new virtual machine. I get to the
> > > setup part of installing the OS and it just keeps telling me "setup could
> > > not
> > > read the CD" I have pressed Enter again and again without luck. Please
> > > advise.- Òþ²Ø±»ÒýÓÃÎÄ×Ö -
>
> - ÏÔʾÒýÓõÄÎÄ×Ö -

You can try to make a CD image from the CD,using some tools like
WinISO or WinImage,and then mournt it to the Virtual PC.It is heard
that Virtual PC works more smoothly with images(than real Disc).