From: Mody82 on
Hi for all

I have developed an Application with the help of VS 2008 , and I create
my database with SQL Server 2005.

My question is When I want to setup the application on other machine ,
Shall I install SQL Server 2005 on each machine to work with the application
or is there any other solution ? ?

From: Uri Dimant on
Hi
It is not clear how your application works I mean , does it work locally or
connect to the server?

I think I should start with a question what are the verison of SQL Server?

If it is EXPRESS Edition then probably you need to install it on every
machine that application runs on ....

From: Erland Sommarskog on
Mody82 (u57214(a)uwe) writes:
> I have developed an Application with the help of VS 2008 , and I >
> create my database with SQL Server 2005.
>
> My question is When I want to setup the application on other machine ,
> Shall I install SQL Server 2005 on each machine to work with the
> application or is there any other solution ? ?

That's kind of difficult to answer. If you don't know what you are doing,
then it is not likely that we know either.

If each machine is to have its own database, and users are not to share
data, then you should probably install SQL Server with the application.

But if it is meant to be a multi-user application, where users are to share
data, you should proabbly install SQL Server on a central server and on
the users' machines you install only the application. Unless, it is a web
application, in which case you only install it on the web server.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: Mody82 on
Dear Dimant ,

My application will be used for Inventory ( Stocks ),Sales &
Purchases of Items, and it will be working locally as well as On server ( it
depends if there is branches or not , if branches available it should work on
Server ) , Upto date I didn't setup the application , i'm confuseing about
the connection , So plz give me a solution for this case .
The main case is I don't want to waste much time to install SQL server on
each machine or PC , I just want to sell the CD including the exe files , I
hope it's clear .

Thx with Best Wishes & Happy New year

Regarding the version I'm using " Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.
00.3042.00 "

From: Mody82 on
Thx Erland ,
Assume that each Machine has it's own Database , and he can do
modification on the Databse through the Application only , So It's compulsory
( mandatory ) to install the SQL Server on his machine ?

Thx With Best Regards