Prev: Footnote
Next: Presentation
From: Beautiful Piotr on
Hi,
Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent"
for shape on my slide ?

Regards,
Piotr
From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Not sure what you mean Piotr. Is this a shape in a group?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Beautiful Piotr on
Hi,
What I was try to say :) is :
I have custom layout and when I create slide I point on that layout.
So on my new slide I have for example 4 shapes from layout.
I add new one ( now 5). When I browse Slide.Shapes collection I have 5
shapes - and this is ok. There is also Slide.CustomLayout.Shapes collection
and there is 4 shapes. But I cannot find corresponding shape from first
collection in second.

Thanks for help,
Regards,
Piotr

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <10A07CD1-39E4-4B50-9828-7326EDDAE76E(a)microsoft.com>, Beautiful
Piotr wrote:
> Hi,
> What I was try to say :) is :
> I have custom layout and when I create slide I point on that layout.
> So on my new slide I have for example 4 shapes from layout.
> I add new one ( now 5). When I browse Slide.Shapes collection I have 5
> shapes - and this is ok. There is also Slide.CustomLayout.Shapes collection
> and there is 4 shapes. But I cannot find corresponding shape from first
> collection in second.

No. If you want to collect ALL of the shapes someone sees when looking at the
slide you need to collect the shapes on the slide itself and the shapes on the
layout that the slide is based on.

> Thanks for help,
> Regards,
> Piotr
> "John Wilson" wrote:
>
> > Not sure what you mean Piotr. Is this a shape in a group?
> > --
> > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> >
> > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
> >

> > "Beautiful Piotr" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Is there way to find which shape in custom layout is a "parent"
> > > for shape on my slide ?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Piotr

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Beautiful Piotr on
Hi,
So when I modify placeholder on master slide how PP knows on which slide and
which shape should be modified ?

Regards,
Piotr

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <10A07CD1-39E4-4B50-9828-7326EDDAE76E(a)microsoft.com>, Beautiful
> Piotr wrote:
> > Hi,
> > What I was try to say :) is :
> > I have custom layout and when I create slide I point on that layout.
> > So on my new slide I have for example 4 shapes from layout.
> > I add new one ( now 5). When I browse Slide.Shapes collection I have 5
> > shapes - and this is ok. There is also Slide.CustomLayout.Shapes collection
> > and there is 4 shapes. But I cannot find corresponding shape from first
> > collection in second.
>
> No. If you want to collect ALL of the shapes someone sees when looking at the
> slide you need to collect the shapes on the slide itself and the shapes on the
> layout that the slide is based on.
>

> > Thanks for help,
> > Regards,
> > Piotr
> > "John Wilson" wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure what you mean Piotr. Is this a shape in a group?
> > > --
> > > john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> > >
> > > Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> > > http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html