From: Marilyn on
I prepared a powerpoint presentation and saved it on my computer. I have the
2003 version. When I opened it on another computer with the same 2003
version some slides were not lined up. The senteneces were off the page and
some were continued on another line not making any sense. Why did this
happen and how can we resolve it.

Thanks
From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Possible cause is you used a font that wasn't installed on PC 2
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Mark on
On Feb 16, 2:29 pm, Marilyn <Mari...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I prepared a powerpoint presentation and saved it on my computer.  I have the
> 2003 version.  When I opened it on another computer with the same 2003
> version some slides were not lined up.  The senteneces were off the page and
> some were continued on another line not making any sense.  Why did this
> happen and how can we resolve it.
>
> Thanks

If you are on a PC, and the fonts are TrueType, you can embed them
into the presentation. Check the 'Save Options' under the 'Tools'
section of the save dialog. This will make the file larger, and the
fonts may not work if the presentation is viewed on a Mac.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <b4ecba13-eec1-4cbd-8404-
cd45bd90ee5b(a)l26g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, Mark wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2:29 pm, Marilyn <Mari...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I prepared a powerpoint presentation and saved it on my computer. I ha
> ve the
> > 2003 version. When I opened it on another computer with the same 2003
> > version some slides were not lined up. The senteneces were off the pag
> e and
> > some were continued on another line not making any sense. Why did this
> > happen and how can we resolve it.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> If you are on a PC, and the fonts are TrueType, you can embed them
> into the presentation.

One more condition: If the fonts are embeddable. Not all of them are.

> Check the 'Save Options' under the 'Tools'
> section of the save dialog. This will make the file larger, and the
> fonts may not work if the presentation is viewed on a Mac.

Mac PowerPoint doesn't support font embedding and can't use embedded fonts.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/