From: Joe C on
I am trying to open a page layout in SharePoint designer, and the last 20
times I have tried it, SharePoint Designer crashes with the following error
in the event log:

-------------
Faulting application spdesign.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 4542831a,
faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0,
fault address 0x000431a0.
------------------

I have rebooted, reinstalled SharePoint designer, and reset IIS on the web
server. Anyone know something else I can do to prevent this crash? I need
to modify this page layout as I have put quite a bit of work into it already.

Thanks,

Joe

--
www.xcomplica.com
From: Jennifer on
On Nov 2, 9:51 am, Joe C <Jo...(a)community.nospam> wrote:
> I am trying to open a page layout in SharePoint designer, and the last 20
> times I have tried it, SharePoint Designer crashes with the following error
> in the event log:
>
> -------------
> Faulting application spdesign.exe, version 12.0.4518.1014, stamp 4542831a,
> faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0,
> fault address 0x000431a0.
> ------------------
>
> I have rebooted, reinstalled SharePoint designer, and reset IIS on the web
> server. Anyone know something else I can do to prevent this crash? I need
> to modify this page layout as I have put quite a bit of work into it already.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>
> --www.xcomplica.com

I am having the same exact problem and its only one page that is doing
this. All of the other pages I have made customizations to are fine.
Let me know if you come up with anything.

Thanks,

Jennifer

From: Oscar D. Oscar on
Hi Joe!,

Fun to see you here !

If using your own library/assembly with custom controls (field controls etc)
then be sure to register it into the gac or in the office12 directory of
sharepoint designer. It looks for every <%@ register the assembly needed.

After debugging it show that this causes the designer to crash when opening
the layout page. Also the code disappears with that issue. Now i have no
crashes anymore. (dont say it to hard ;-))

Maybe it fixes for both of you

Oscar