From: Gigi on
Hello.

I am trying to upgrade from Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003
to 2007.
Prescan tool comes with no errors and I am NOT running on a farm.

At the step 2 of the Sharepoint Configuration wizzard I get an error like :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard
Event Category: None
Event ID: 104
Date: 10-03-2007
Time: 20:12:08
User: N/A
Computer: SPS01
Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence.
Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products and Technologies. Further information
regarding this failure can be found at C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS\Upgrade.log.
An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was
thrown. Additional exception information: Duplicate Id on sequence
[Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Upgrade.FarmSequence].
Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException: Duplicate Id on sequence
[Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Upgrade.FarmSequence].
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDelegateManager.IsValidDelegate(Type
tpDelegate, Type& tpTarget)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDelegateManager.RegisterAssembly(Assembly asm,
UInt32 nOrder)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDelegateManager.get_InitialTypeDictionary()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDelegateManager.GetDelegateTypes(Type
tpObject)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDelegateManager.GetDelegates(Object o)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDelegateManager.GetUpgraders(Object o)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.CanUpgrade(Object o)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedUpgradableObject.get_CanUpgrade()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.ReflexiveCanUpgrade(Object o)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.Upgrade(Object o, Boolean
bRecurse)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedUpgradableObject.Upgrade(Boolean recursively)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.Initialize()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeBootstrapTask.Run()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

I am not running on a farm , this is a single machine running sharepoint.
Anyone any ideea how to proceed from here ?
From: Mike Walsh on
This is the newsgroup for WSS.

This (upgrade from SPS 2003 to MOSS 2007) is clearly not a WSS question.

Please post it either to the new newsgroup for installation and admin
questions (microsoft.public.sharepoint.setup_and_administration) which
covers all SharePoint programs and versions OR to the old Portal Server
newsgroup microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.

When you do please say how much memory you have.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
No private e-mail please.