From: JT on
Hi all,
I keep getting this error when I run the config wizard after a basic install
of WSS 3.0 on Windows 2003 SP1 server:

Failed to register SharePoint services.
An exception of type System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was thrown.
Additional exception information: Class not registered (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not
registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.MSSITLB.IProjects.Add(String
bstrName, String bstrPath)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererProject.ProvisionGathererProject()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.PrimaryGathererProject.ProvisionGathererProject()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererProject.Provision()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPPrimaryGathererProject.Provision()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.ProvisionGathererProjects()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.GathererApplication.Provision()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchServiceInstance.Synchronize(Boolean installGathererApplication)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchServiceInstance.Provision()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServiceInstanceInConfigDB(Boolean
provisionTheServiceInstanceToo, String serviceInstanceRegistryKeyName, Object
sharepointServiceObject)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServiceInstances(Boolean
provisionTheServiceInstancesToo, String serviceRegistryKeyName, Object
sharepointServiceObject)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.InstallServices(Boolean provisionTheServicesToo)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ServicesTask.Run()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
John
From: alpesh.nakars.blog on
Hi John,
I have blogged about resolving Config Wizard in my blog.

http://alpesh.nakars.com/blog/2007/03/05/wssv3-on-a-dc-3/

Cheers!
Alpesh