From: Aaron on
We have a MOSS 2007 server with a few sites. We've been using a
security group in Active Directory to grant permission to the sites.
Recently, we tried to set up an alert to send to all the members of
this Domain group but got an error that the "user" (i.e. the domain
group) didn't have an email address. I mail enabled the group using
Exchange, but Sharepoint didn't get that email address change and
trying to add the group to an alert produces the same error. Through
testing, I've noticed that if I add a security group to the portal
that is ALREADY mail enabled, then it picks up the email address.

Is there a way to update an existing security group with it's newly
created email address after it's been added to the portal? I imagine
I might be able to delete the group and then re-add it but since this
group is what gives all of our users access to the portal sites, it
would cause a pretty big disruption.
From: Hulicat on
Did you only make a chnage in A.D?
From: Hulicat on
On Sep 22, 2:29 pm, Hulicat <dennis_A_wh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did you only make a chnage in A.D?

Here edit the profile in the SSP
/admin/_layouts/ProfMngr.aspx?ConsoleView=Active