From: Larry Lindstrom on
Hi Folks:

I added Win7/64 to my PC.

The system has a drive with a Win XP partition, a new drive that
has this win7/64 partition, and a drive I've been using for my
personal files.

I can see the drive with my personal files, and see all of the
folders.

But I can't access the contents of the folders, permission
problems.

As system owner and administrator, I can change the ownership of
the folders, but doing so makes them unavailable from XP.

Is there a way to have these private directories available to my
account from either an XP or Win7 boot?

My user name is the same on both boots, if that helps.

Thanks
Larry
From: Bruce Chambers on
Larry Lindstrom wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I added Win7/64 to my PC.
>
> The system has a drive with a Win XP partition, a new drive that
> has this win7/64 partition, and a drive I've been using for my
> personal files.
>
> I can see the drive with my personal files, and see all of the
> folders.
>
> But I can't access the contents of the folders, permission
> problems.
>
> As system owner and administrator, I can change the ownership of
> the folders, but doing so makes them unavailable from XP.
>
> Is there a way to have these private directories available to my
> account from either an XP or Win7 boot?
>
> My user name is the same on both boots, if that helps.
>
> Thanks
> Larry

Presumably you have different computer names under each operating
system? Try granting explicit permissions to the files/folders:

From within Windows 7, grant Modify (or other desired permissions) to
WinXP_ComputerName\Larry.

--

Bruce Chambers