From: Richard on
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive.

I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc.

I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User
Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to
stay in it's location.

Is this possible? TIA.
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Richard" <noggod(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive.
>
> I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc.
>
> I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User
> Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay
> in it's location.
>
> Is this possible? TIA.

Sharing is independent on the drive where your folders reside. Just open
Explorer, right-click the folder you wish to share, then click "Share".

From: Richard on
On 09/07/2010 11:05, Pegasus [MVP] wrote:

> "Richard" <noggod(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive.
>>
>> I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc.
>>
>> I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User
>> Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to
>> stay in it's location.
>>
>> Is this possible? TIA.
>
> Sharing is independent on the drive where your folders reside. Just open
> Explorer, right-click the folder you wish to share, then click "Share".

All I can do, is right click, select "Sharing and Security...." and
under the "Sharing" tab do what I'm told to drage a folder to "Shared
Documents" folder.

But, that would put my folder on C:.
From: John John - MVP on
Richard wrote:
> Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive.
>
> I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc.
>
> I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User
> Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to
> stay in it's location.
>
> Is this possible? TIA.

Just put a shortcut to the share in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Desktop folder.

John
From: John John - MVP on
Richard wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 11:05, Pegasus [MVP] wrote:
>>

>> "Richard" <noggod(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive.
>>>
>>> I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc.
>>>
>>> I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User
>>> Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to
>>> stay in it's location.
>>>
>>> Is this possible? TIA.
>>
>> Sharing is independent on the drive where your folders reside. Just open
>> Explorer, right-click the folder you wish to share, then click "Share".
>
> All I can do, is right click, select "Sharing and Security...." and
> under the "Sharing" tab do what I'm told to drage a folder to "Shared
> Documents" folder.
>
> But, that would put my folder on C:.

Are you using XP Home or XP Pro?

John