From: Michael Fanning on
Unfortunately, or not, I had Vista x64 installed on my DAW. At the time it
seemed like the right thing to do and I haven't really had any problems
except that I really hate the look of the directories. Sonar 8.5 has been
rock solid with it but with all the good things being said about Windows 7 I
am thinking about doing an upgrade to W7 x64. Part of me says if it ain't
broke don't fix it and the other part says go for the latest and greatest
version of Windows. Am I asking for trouble if I upgrade? Will I have to
reinstall most of my programs? I really don't want to spend a huge amount
of time on getting things to run right.

MICHAEL FANNING,
http://www.soundclick.com/michaelfanning

From: Michael Fanning on
Glennbo- Thanks for the input there. That makes good sense.

M.F.

From: kitekrazy on
On 5/22/2010 4:31 PM, Michael Fanning wrote:
> Unfortunately, or not, I had Vista x64 installed on my DAW. At the time
> it seemed like the right thing to do and I haven't really had any
> problems except that I really hate the look of the directories. Sonar
> 8.5 has been rock solid with it but with all the good things being said
> about Windows 7 I am thinking about doing an upgrade to W7 x64. Part of
> me says if it ain't broke don't fix it and the other part says go for
> the latest and greatest version of Windows. Am I asking for trouble if I
> upgrade? Will I have to reinstall most of my programs? I really don't
> want to spend a huge amount of time on getting things to run right.

If you do an upgrade, it won't erase your OS.
From: BobF on
On 5/25/2010 8:31 AM, Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot BobF<nothanks(a)nospam.yum> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> yuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!
>
> It may not be pretty, but it's pretty functional!!!<G>

This explains why you like xnews <GGG>
From: rr on
On May 25, 8:31 am, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYour...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> The killer robot BobF <notha...(a)nospam.yum> grabbed the controls of the
> spaceship  cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > yuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!
>
> It may not be pretty, but it's pretty functional!!!   <G>
>
> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
>    ________                 __
> Glennbo                      http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound              http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music                http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

Chip must be so proud of you. I wonder sometimes, if I should've kept
doing DF. Once you got a client locked in, you had them for life. I
really thought the company would've gone belly-up by now.