From: Ryan Davis on

On Feb 28, 2010, at 06:31 , Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:

> Yes, I saw all of those sites.
>
> * The last two Google Group posts were 5 and 20 days old, with zero
> * The last commit on the GitHub was 2010-01-04.
> * The website is down with a "we're fixing it" thread started two months
> ago.
>
> What exactly is is your definition of "alive"? O.o

Does any of that actually make the software less viable?

From: Kurtis Rainbolt-greene on
Ryan Davis wrote:
> Does any of that actually make the software less viable?

Yes, actually. Software that isn't maintained or doesn't have an active
community can be a real pain at first and down right unusable later.

For instance I had to really hunt to even find the download for the
precompiled version, and the tutorial.

From: Martin DeMello on
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Kurtis Rainbolt-greene
<thinkwritemute(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Howard Roberts wrote:
>> Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:
>>
>> I believe the site is http://shoes.heroku.com/ , but it appears to be
>> down at the moment.
>>
>> There is also a Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/shoooes/

The mailing list has moved off google groups and onto librelist.

shoes(a)librelist.org

martin

From: Kurtis Rainbolt-greene on
Here's an example of the "viability" (Happened 5 minutes ago):

01:21 < wrench> Has anyone had experience with shoes? I'm having
trouble using the mysql gem inside a shoes app.
[...]
01:22 < krainboltgreene> wrench: Otherwise, there's a (kinda dead)
#shoes channel, #sneakers too.
[...]
01:23 < wrench> my mysql gem works great outside the shoes app -- it
just wiggs out inside of it :(. I've tried both those channels with no

From: Ryan Davis on

On Feb 28, 2010, at 22:20 , Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:

> Here's an example of the "viability" (Happened 5 minutes ago):
>
> 01:21 < wrench> Has anyone had experience with shoes? I'm having
> trouble using the mysql gem inside a shoes app.
> [...]
> 01:22 < krainboltgreene> wrench: Otherwise, there's a (kinda dead)
> #shoes channel, #sneakers too.
> [...]
> 01:23 < wrench> my mysql gem works great outside the shoes app -- it
> just wiggs out inside of it :(. I've tried both those channels with no

you didn't ask that in #ruby-talk on freenode, the official ruby irc channel, did you?

(not to imply that you would have gotten better help there... but still, you have to ask in the right place).

There are a quarter million hits googling ruby shoes mysql... surely you can find what you're looking for.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: [ANN] ruby-oci8 2.0.4
Next: Speed of uniq