From: Kurtis Rainbolt-greene on
Ok, so I'm getting back into GUI development and I want to use Ruby.

Is Shoes still alive or should I not bother? It was the only Ruby GUI
that I ever liked.

From: Howard Roberts on
Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:

> Is Shoes still alive
yes

I believe the site is http://shoes.heroku.com/ , but it appears to be
down at the moment.

There is also a Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/shoooes/

and the GitHub: http://github.com/shoes/shoes

From: Kurtis Rainbolt-greene on
Howard Roberts wrote:
> Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:
>
> I believe the site is http://shoes.heroku.com/ , but it appears to be
> down at the moment.
>
> There is also a Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/shoooes/
>
> and the GitHub: http://github.com/shoes/shoes

Yes, I saw all of those sites.

* The last two Google Group posts were 5 and 20 days old, with zero
* The last commit on the GitHub was 2010-01-04.
* The website is down with a "we're fixing it" thread started two months
ago.

What exactly is is your definition of "alive"? O.o

From: Benoit Daloze on

On 28 February 2010 15:31, Kurtis Rainbolt-greene
<thinkwritemute(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> Howard Roberts wrote:
> > Kurtis Rainbolt-greene wrote:
> >
> > I believe the site is http://shoes.heroku.com/ , but it appears to be
> > down at the moment.
> >
> > There is also a Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/shoooes/
> >
> > and the GitHub: http://github.com/shoes/shoes
>
> Yes, I saw all of those sites.
>
> * The last two Google Group posts were 5 and 20 days old, with zero
> * The last commit on the GitHub was 2010-01-04.
> * The website is down with a "we're fixing it" thread started two months
> ago.

Just wanted to add that the website is very recently down, I went 3 days ago
and everything was ok.

> What exactly is is your definition of "alive"? O.o

But yeah, it doesn't look very active, while you can't know what developers
do so easily.

From: Kurtis Rainbolt-greene on
Benoit Daloze wrote:
> Just wanted to add that the website is very recently down, I went 3 days
> ago and everything was ok.
>
> But yeah, it doesn't look very active, while you can't know what
> developers do so easily.

If I knew something was happening I'd contribute my web design skills.

Honestly I just want an easy/fun GUI lib...But Shoes was really the
closest thing for me. :/

Sadly I don't think I have the skill to develop my own GUI lib.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: [ANN] ruby-oci8 2.0.4
Next: Speed of uniq