From: Access Developer on
Well, perhaps unfortunately, David, data macros are the only way to create
Access Web Apps (SharePoint front ends), although they compile to "something
else", which we haven't had to deal with (except for the aborted DAPs). If
they can't convince us to abandon VBA, they can just not provide it for what
they think (and may be correct) will be the primary use of Access in the
future.

I guess I shouldn't complain... the first thirty-odd years of my computer
work, all the languages compiled or assembled to machine language or to an
intermediate language which later compiled to machine language. But much of
that time, it was possible, when necessary, to interpret the machine
language and patch it rather than going back to source and recompiling or
reassembling.

Larry