From: Russell Ashenberg on
Thanks to all the responses to my question on upgrade to IE7 or IE8. I am
going to go to IE8 since it has more enhancements and better fixed that IE7.

Thanks to all the help and guidance.

Russell A

From: Twayne on
Please don't multi-post. Cross-post for you and everyone else's benefit.

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_posting
and

In news:u6CbEzv%23KHA.5476(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Russell Ashenberg <neshoma(a)bezeqint.net> typed:

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 07:52:48 +0300, "Russell Ashenberg"
<neshoma(a)bezeqint.net> wrote:

> I am using Window XPSp3 and IE6 Sp3 on my machine. I want to
> know if should I upgrade to IE7 or go to the latest version of IE8?

Go to IE8.

> Is
> there anything I need to know before the upgrade process or issues that I
> need to be aware of?
>
> Keep me posted
> Russell A

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Russell Ashenberg on
thanks Ken for your assistance

RussellA

From: Tim Meddick on
Just a seconds thought....

I have used IE7 & 8 on many other PCs but still think, despite everything,
that IE6 is allot better!

For one thing - I absolutely HATE all that *rap at the top - endless
toolbars on top of more toolbars that I just don't want or need.

With IE6 I can get the actual viewing space to a maximum by reducing the
toolbar, file menu & address bar to be all on just one bar at the top.

I know you can always view in "full-screen mode" but who wants to do that?

And I know that You-Tube has made it hard for users of IE6 but I got around
that - by installing (but never having to actually use) Google Chrome, I
can continue to access You-Tube with IE6.

So, to date at least, I have not yet come across a good enough reason to
upgrade to (IMHO) a less than streamlined and more needlessly
complicated-to-use browser.

Plus - once you upgrade there's no way back!!

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)