From: Norm on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Norm wrote:
>> "Bob Butler" <noway(a)nospam.ever> wrote...
>>> Explorer restarts automatically if/when the last instance is killed...
>>> or have you configured something else as the shell?
>>
>> It does not restart on my install of Windows 7 64 bit, I have to restart
>> it manually.
>
> I have seen that happen, although very rarely. The "trick" if you want to
> call it that, is to kill it (all instances of it) with Task Manager in the
> Processes tab, then switch over to the Applications tab which offers you a
> "New Task..." button. :-)
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

I hate to admit this, but in all these years I never noticed the new task
button on the application page of the task manager. :-) Guess I do learn
something new everyday.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Norm wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Norm wrote:
>>> "Bob Butler" <noway(a)nospam.ever> wrote...
>>>
>>> It does not restart on my install of Windows 7 64 bit, I have to restart
>>> it manually.
>>
>> I have seen that happen, although very rarely. The "trick" if you want to
>> call it that, is to kill it (all instances of it) with Task Manager in the
>> Processes tab, then switch over to the Applications tab which offers you a
>> "New Task..." button. :-)
>
> I hate to admit this, but in all these years I never noticed the new task
> button on the application page of the task manager. :-) Guess I do learn
> something new everyday.

I'm not sure I ever had a use for it until I started needing to kill
Explorer from time to time. And to think they said XP wasn't good for
anything! <bg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org