From: fsrobison on
The standard gantt view is a great way for the team to get the full picture
of what they have to do and when - w/one exception. This view doesn't show
how man hours each resource is assigned to a task, just the % effort, which
is not so clear (I want the team to very clearly see how many hours they are
allocated to do the work). Is there a way to have the Resource column show
work rather than % effort?

Thanks!
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
No, but you can use the Resource or Task Usage Views which are more effective
for those sorts of things in my opinion.

You can display the total work for the task in the Gantt Chart, just not
broken out by resource. Just double click on the Gantt Chart, choose the
bar you want to modify, and select the text label to modify the text display.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Jim Aksel on
You can put it on the Gantt bar: Format/Bar Styles... then change the text
to include [Work].
You can also just insert the Work and Remaining work columns.
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

From: fsrobison on
I want to see the work for each resource assigned to the task, not total
work. Something similar to how the Resource Names column shows Resource 1
[300%], Resource 2 [25%], but replace those percentages with work.

Sounds like I'm hoping for the impossible..

From: Jim Aksel on
This is going to require some VBA programming. On the Gantt View, it is
looking at aggregate data for the task, not each individual worker. I
understand Jane[50%] on a 10 day task is not intuitively 40 hours: Jane[40hr]

Although not nearly as pretty, might the Task Usage View get you what you
need?

Jim