From: Mv on
I run a construction company with several projects running at once using
common resources such as labour. I would like to know how view all projects
on the one chart and ideally make changes to tasks from the master schedule
which will accordingly modify the individual project files. Is this possable
or am I approaching this from the wrong direction?
From: Trevor Rabey on
This is standard built-in functionality.
Set up the individual project files with the WBS and tasks etc, but no
Resources.
Set up another file with all of the Resources but no Tasks. Call this All My
Resources or similar.
In each of the individual project files Tools, Resource Sharing and specify
that Resources come from the All My Resources file.
Assign the Resources in each of the individual project files.
Set up another file, the Master project, with no tasks and no Resources.
Call this All My Houses or similar.
In this file, Insert, Project and insert all of the individual project
files.
You can now edit the individual project files from the file itself or from
the Master.
Best of all, you can level across all of the files from within the master.
If you like this answer, please rate it.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

This is what Master Files in Project are about.
Lookup the help for the Insert, project command.
It works exactly how you describe!
Greetings,

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional