From: BOB URZ on

Jason Lavoie wrote:

> Phil Allison wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > On my bench is allegedly a Shure Wireless Mic system:
> >
> > The receiver is labelled UT4-TH ( no A and no MARCAD ) operating on 260.3
> > MHz. It says "DIVERSITY RECEIVER "' on the front right. There is no
> > "squelch" trim pot fitted to the PCB and the XLR output level switch is not
> > wired ( nor can it be).
> >
> > There are two 90mm long antennas - but inspecting the PCB tracks shows only
> > ONE of them connects to any internal circuitry !!
> >
> > The transmitter is a VT2-VH with an SM 58 capsule, labelled 263.7 MHz -
> > but it does in fact match the receiver's frequency of 260.3 MHz.
> >
> > The system is packed in a moulded plastic carry case compete with a copy of
> > the Shure " Performance Gear Wireless Systems User Guide " and a PS20E
> > power supply (made in Taiwan) which is not approved for sale in Australian
> > as it has a US style two pin AC plug and a plug adaptor.
> >
> > The problem it came in for was severe distortion on the XLR output - a
> > fault that was designed in and easily fixed with a mod.
> >
> > Did Shure really sell this POS or is it a fake ?
>
> I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that just by what is
> inside the box.
> as already mentioned, the UT series is UHF, as is the performance gear
> series. also shure to my knowledge has never made a "VT2"..
> Nothing about that kit adds up. also, those frequencies don't sound
> like any of the standard shure frequencies to me.
>
> if the carpets don't match the drapes....

Its a few weeks early for "trick or treat" ;)

Bob

From: Eeyore on

Bob Howes wrote:

> "Phil Allison" <philallison(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> <SNIP>
>
> > Did Shure really sell this POS or is it a fake ?
> >

> Almost certainly a fake. Shure are having huge problems right now with the
> amount of counterfeit gear floating around bearing their logo. They even
> have staffers trawling eBay and looking closely at every add purporting to
> sell Shure gear. As per the links posted previously, Jands would probably
> like to hear from you with the details you gave here.

I've seen quite a few fake Sennheiser mics on ebay too btw. Obvious by the
price.

Graham

From: Phil Allison on

"Bob Howes"
> "Phil Allison"
>> Did Shure really sell this POS or is it a fake ?
>>

> Almost certainly a fake. Shure are having huge problems right now with
> the amount of counterfeit gear floating around bearing their logo. They
> even have staffers trawling eBay and looking closely at every add
> purporting to sell Shure gear. As per the links posted previously, Jands
> would probably like to hear from you with the details you gave here.

** The service folk at Jands in Sydney have today confirmed they are aware
of fake UT4 wireless systems and my example matches ones they have seen
themselves.

Ebay seems to be the main source.

......... Phil

From: Thomas Bishop on
"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've seen quite a few fake Sennheiser mics on ebay too btw. Obvious by the
> price.

I have been tempted by them a lot. Then I remember the old addage, "If it's
too good to be true..." And the fact that they're in Asia or something.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Allen and heat GL4 manual?
Next: Lightweight PA Advice