From: ASpieth on
If i'm logged in as user A, and i click on Welcome domain\A, then
click Sign in as Different User, the windows login box appears. i then
enter domain\B along with the correct password. this repeats three
times then directs me to a page that says 401 UNAUTHORIZED.

Any idea what could be causing this?
From: John Belkevich on
Have you verified that user B has permissions to at least read what you
are looking at with user A?

From: ASpieth on
On 3 Sep., 17:20, John Belkevich <j_belkev...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Have you verified that user B has permissions to at least read what you
> are looking at with user A?
>
> ASpieth wrote:
> > If i'm logged in as user A, and i click on Welcome domain\A, then
> > click Sign in as Different User, the windows login box appears. i then
> > enter domain\B along with the correct password.  this repeats three
> > times then directs me to a page that says 401 UNAUTHORIZED.
>
> > Any idea what could be causing this?

Yes I'm sure.
1. A and B are member of the group Domain Admin
2. when I log into VISTA as user B and start the MOSS Page I'm logged
in as B
trying to sign in as user A in this scenario the same problem
occurs ?!?!?

Axel
From: Joseph Butler on
I had almost the exact problem yesterday while following along with the WSS
3.0 CBT Nugget.

I did not however, try to sign in as a different user. I was trying an
Alternate Mapping.

basically I had to change the SharePoint Authentication method from Kerberos
to NTLM.

worked just fine for me, may not be the same thing for you though.

From: ASpieth on
On 4 Sep., 17:57, "Joseph Butler" <jbutl...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I had almost the exact problem yesterday while following along with the WSS
> 3.0 CBT Nugget.
>
> I did not however, try to sign in as a different user. I was trying an
> Alternate Mapping.
>
> basically I had to change the SharePoint Authentication method from Kerberos
> to NTLM.
>
> worked just fine for me, may not be the same thing for you though.
>
> "ASpieth" <a.spi...(a)mpdv.de> wrote in message

> > If i'm logged in as user A, and i click on Welcome domain\A, then
> > click Sign in as Different User, the windows login box appears. i then
> > enter domain\B along with the correct password.  this repeats three
> > times then directs me to a page that says 401 UNAUTHORIZED.
>
> > Any idea what could be causing this?

NTLM is gonfigured - no chance even when I switch to Kerberos

ASpieth