From: Robin Becker on
On 25/01/2010 12:27, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
> Ron wrote:
>> Sikuli is the coolest Python project I have ever seen in my ten year
>> hobbyist career. An MIT oepn source project, Sikuli uses Python to
>> automate GUI tasks (in any GUI or GUI baed app that runs the JVM) by
>> simply drag and dropping GUI elements into Python scripts as function
>> arguments. Download at http://sikuli.csail.mit.edu/ I also did this
>> podcast about Sikuli
>> http://media.libsyn.com/media/awaretek/Python411_20100124_Sikuli.mp3
> It looks like your web site is down.
>
> JM
there's a u-tube here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxDOlhysFcM

--
Robin Becker

From: Virgil Stokes on
On 25-Jan-2010 04:18, Ron wrote:
> Sikuli is the coolest Python project I have ever seen in my ten year
> hobbyist career. An MIT oepn source project, Sikuli uses Python to
> automate GUI tasks (in any GUI or GUI baed app that runs the JVM) by
> simply drag and dropping GUI elements into Python scripts as function
> arguments. Download at http://sikuli.csail.mit.edu/ I also did this

This link is broken!

--V

From: Javier Collado on
Hello,

I think the site is under maintenance. I tried a couple of hours ago
and it worked fine.

As an alternative, I found that this link also worked:
http://www.sikuli.org/

Unfortunately, it seems it's not working right now.

Best regards,
Javier

From: Ron on
Thew link at MIT does appear to be down right now, but I presume it
will come back up.

Well, those of you who find it underwhelming are in good company. See
the blog post at Lambda the Ultimate
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/3783

I was impressed though by the application to notify you when your bus
gets close to the pickup point, using Google maps, and by the app to
automatically chart a course to Houston from LA on I-10, again using
Google maps. And perhaps most of all, the app to notify you when your
sleeping baby wakes up, from a picture on a digital camera.

Hey, most of life is non-deterministic. I am in the analog engineering
world and simple, deterministic black and white situations are all
fine and useful, but I can see this very easy to use and simple
technology being useful also ;-))

All of the above apps are but a few lines of code.

Ron
From: Terry Reedy on
On 1/25/2010 9:14 AM, Javier Collado wrote:

> I think the site is under maintenance. I tried a couple of hours ago
> and it worked fine.
>
> As an alternative, I found that this link also worked:
> http://www.sikuli.org/

This just redirects to the link below

>>> http://sikuli.csail.mit.edu/ I also did this

>> This link is broken!