From: Mike Duffy on
David Mark <dmark.cinsoft(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> Something else must be wrong and I don't see what it is offhand. Your
> code works in the Firebug console, except that logMessage bombs
> looking for your form.

? I do not doubt you, but that was not my problem, FF just never did
anything. Actually, it did log the message one time but would never do it
again. The error console remained empty. On another occaision, I did see
error text appear in the console spontaneously a few minutes later. I was
trying various things, and as you may gather sometimes get mixed up about
what I have put in the file or javascript library. This is one of those
things I cannot debug offline because of the protocol / domain traversal
problem. (i.e file://C:/My Documents/... vs. http://videotron...)

Also, it might have something to do with the server time being so retarded.
From: Mike Duffy on

From: David Mark on
On Dec 23, 11:36 pm, Mike Duffy <resp...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote innews:5c1b46f1-7a11-45f8-a24c-96cd8c5dc5ac(a)f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Something else must be wrong and I don't see what it is offhand.  Your
> > code works in the Firebug console, except that logMessage bombs
> > looking for your form.
>
> ? I do not doubt you, but that was not my problem, FF just never did
> anything. Actually, it did log the message one time but would never do it
> again. The error console remained empty. On another occaision, I did see
> error text appear in the console spontaneously a few minutes later. I was
> trying various things, and as you may gather sometimes get mixed up about
> what I have put in the file or javascript library. This is one of those
> things I cannot debug offline because of the protocol / domain traversal
> problem. (i.e file://C:/My Documents/... vs.http://videotron...)

In FF go to about:config and change
security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy to false.

> Also, it might have something to do with the server time being so retarded.

What sort of time is retarded?
From: Mike Duffy on

> What sort of time is retarded?

The server I was tring to get the time from (my web service provider
"videotron") always has their clock set several minutes in the past.

I wanted to display exacty how much retarded it is, because that is how
long I need to wait after uploading a new document before it will pass
through web cache proxy servers. These are used, for example, by Google as
the source for a web page when you request a translation via url.
From: Mike Duffy on