From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <55bf5dab-2dda-4e85-90aa-289b6c6a81b5(a)37
g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>, Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:35:51, JR <groups_jr-
1(a)yahoo.com.br> posted:

>> >I did actually consider this. But many international users would not make
>> >the connection. As far as that goes, the UK flag is more widely used on
>> >the web to denote the English language. But since my web-site is written
>> >in Quebec English, it makes more sense to use the American flag.
>>
>> You should be able to use both. �But Wales, for which you have a flag,
>> is part of the UK. �England is the only major part of the UK which has
>> no surviving active indigenous language other than English.
>
>I've heard about the Northumbrian (Tyneside region of England) dialect
>called 'Geordie'.

A dialect is not a language. Spoken Geordie is just English peculiarly
pronounced with a few local words. Educated Geordies write in normal
English.

Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (RFCs 5536/7)
Do not Mail News to me. Before a reply, quote with ">" or "> " (RFCs 5536/7)