From: Jan Sjöholm on
On an SBS 2003 there is a folder d:\data which contains several subfolders.
Built in group Users has full access to folder d:\data and, through heritage,
to all subfolders. Now there is one temporary User which should be granted
read/write access to *only* one subfolder, i.e. d:\data\2010. All other
subfolders should not be accessible, even better not visible (but this does
not work, I think).

I thought this would be an easy task, but I can't figure it out.

I solved it creating a group called NoRightsForUserX, added the User and
added this group manually to 55 subsfolders within d:\data (except "2010")
and set "full deny" for this group to all of these folders.

It works, but this cannot be the solution. How would a professional solve
this??

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jan

From: Phillip Windell on
It is because you granted permission to the built in group "Users",....and
everybody is in that group,...hence everybody has access.

Create a new Domain Global Group
Add the temp User to that group
Set that group to be the users Default Group
Remove them from the built in Users Group

Or just don't grant permissions to the built in Users Group in the first
place and remove that group from the permissions if need be. Create new
unique Groups for unique jobs instead.

--
Phillip Windell