From: bizw0z on
I have done research but I cant find how to make either xcopy or
robocopy, copy files with creation dates that are dynamic.

I have a folder that contains over a million pdfs.

At the moment, it backs up the entire folder, overwriting the existing
pdfs, but as you can imagine, this takes a long time and there is a
chance that what WAS a good pdf, with a bad copy. (but vice versa).

Anyone have any ideas on how I can run a batch file, that will look at
the creation date, and only copy ones created created today and
yesterday. I can then use scheduler to kick it off once an hour, to
keep the folders pretty well in synch.

Thanks in advance.

Bry
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"bizw0z" <bizw0z(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have done research but I cant find how to make either xcopy or
> robocopy, copy files with creation dates that are dynamic.
>
> I have a folder that contains over a million pdfs.
>
> At the moment, it backs up the entire folder, overwriting the existing
> pdfs, but as you can imagine, this takes a long time and there is a
> chance that what WAS a good pdf, with a bad copy. (but vice versa).
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can run a batch file, that will look at
> the creation date, and only copy ones created created today and
> yesterday. I can then use scheduler to kick it off once an hour, to
> keep the folders pretty well in synch.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bry

Here is the relevant extract from the robocopy manual:

::
:: File Selection Options :
::
/MAXAGE:n :: MAXimum file AGE - exclude files older than n
days/date.
/MINAGE:n :: MINimum file AGE - exclude files newer than n
days/date.