From: richard.townsendrose on
Geoff

in clipper days, i seem to remember something going via a small
temporary text file - dll writes to text file which is then read when
dll told clipper it had finished - cannot remember why we were passing
multi dimensional arrays ...

seem to remmber it was to do with memvars ... but it is a trick worth
remembering - i wasn't writing code for tdoc then - so god alone knows
what the varmints got up to !

somehow i think the csv will be the final fudge ...

richard
From: Ginny Caughey on
Geoff, I also control my own object serialization/deserialization to COM
using a modified CSV approach since I also control both sides. I figure why
waste time trying to make VO do something that it doesn't? (And I don't even
know if Classmate's COM implementation could handle it, which it may.)

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Philippe Mermod on
Hi Geoff,

What about sending array as structured XML string ?

I tried many times without success then finally use XML (similar
to your CSV except that you can send more complex structures)...

HTH,

--
Phil Mermod
Crystal Reports Library for Visual Objects

From: Carlos Rocha on
Personaly I like this approach, as a turnaround, but the initial
question remains: is this a COM limitation or a VO default?

--
Carlos Rocha
From: Geoff Schaller on
<ROFL> Jeepers guys...

Richard - terrible idea! I hoped I was coding in the 21st century, not
the 20th.
Erik - it works in one direction perfectly, it should work in both. This
is a VO bug.
Ginny - that has been our solution to date. Inline csv serialisation.
Phil - oh no puhleeease <g> so you want me to take a 50 byte string and
make it 300 bytes <g>.

Well I certainly have my answer. VO Bug and what we're doing is probably
the best and only solution. Well thanks guys for the discussion anyhow.

Geoff

"Geoff Schaller" <geoffx(a)softxwareobjectives.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi Folks.
>
> In my COM object I have a parameter which supplies a C# string[] to VO -
> it is a simple array of strings.
>
> VO recieves this as a single dimensional array of strings. No Problem.
>
> If my COM dll now requires to be sent a single dimensional array of
> strings to go back to a string[] the COM dll spits chips and complains
> it cannot find the string. The generate VO code seems to sugges an ARRAY
> OF STRINGS as a parameter but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Firstly, is this possible?
> Secondly, is there another way to send an arrya of strings through OLE?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3