From: Geoff Schaller on
Hi Folks.

In my COM object I have a parameter which supplies a C# string[] to VO -
it is a simple array of strings.

VO recieves this as a single dimensional array of strings. No Problem.

If my COM dll now requires to be sent a single dimensional array of
strings to go back to a string[] the COM dll spits chips and complains
it cannot find the string. The generate VO code seems to sugges an ARRAY
OF STRINGS as a parameter but it doesn't seem to work.

Firstly, is this possible?
Secondly, is there another way to send an arrya of strings through OLE?

Thanks,

Geoff

From: Carlos Rocha on
Hi Geoff

> Firstly, is this possible?
I truly hope so as I may need it some day :)

> Secondly, is there another way to send an arrya of strings through OLE?
Maybe sending a text string with NewLines. If it's not a monster array
it might work... and you'll save a lot of coffee :P

--
Carlos Rocha
From: Geoff Schaller on
Hi Carlos.

Well at the moment it doesn't work - and no, inserting newlines wouldn't
be anything more than a string with lots of new line characters <g>.

Geoff

(PS - my son got creative and for the moment, made our COM dll's accept
a comma delimited string. However this is merely a temporary fudge. I
was sure VO used to be able to deal with this....)

From: Stephen Quinn on
Geoff

> (PS - my son got creative and for the moment, made our COM dll's accept a
> comma delimited string. However this is merely a temporary fudge. I was
> sure VO used to be able to deal with this....)

IIRC someone did it by using a DIMMED array, but that may have been for
passing arrays back into VB.
A search of the archives may help - that's if google has fixed their ng
searching.

CYA
Steve

From: Geoff Schaller on
Good catch - worth a try.

Thanks.

"Stephen Quinn" <stevejqNO(a)bigpondSPAM.net.au> wrote in message

> Geoff
>

> > (PS - my son got creative and for the moment, made our COM dll's accept a
> > comma delimited string. However this is merely a temporary fudge. I was
> > sure VO used to be able to deal with this....)
>

> IIRC someone did it by using a DIMMED array, but that may have been for
> passing arrays back into VB.
> A search of the archives may help - that's if google has fixed their ng
> searching.
>
> CYA
> Steve

 |  Next  |  Last