From: bellatoise on
Hi,

My query is the next:
I'm working with Xilinx Ise Design Suite 11.1.
I need some ROMS with differents values of depth, width and initialization
files that I want to instantiate in one proyect. I need a generic ROM, so I
created one with Core Generator and I got its HDL code using View HDL
functional Model.
Then I introduced the values of width, depth and initialization file like
generics values. In the proyect, I generated the ROMS intantiating this HDL
code, each one with differents values.

When I sintetize the proyect appears some warnings like those:
WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "archivo_inic CUATR.mif": Did not attach
to Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "depth 3": Did not attach to
Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "width 8": Did not attach to
Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.

Is there another way to get a ROM with Core Generator so that it can be
instantiated in the proyect and form there I can generate differents ROMs
since te core that I created with differents the values of width, depth and
initialization file??

Thank you

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Enes Erdin on
On 1 Şubat, 14:33, "bellatoise" <arianapo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My query is the next:
> I'm working with Xilinx Ise Design Suite 11.1.
> I need some ROMS with differents values of depth, width and initialization
> files that I want to instantiate in one proyect. I need a generic ROM, so I
> created one with Core Generator and I got its HDL code  using View HDL
> functional Model.
> Then I introduced the values of width, depth and initialization file like
> generics values. In the proyect, I generated the ROMS intantiating this HDL
> code, each one with differents values.
>
> When I sintetize the proyect appears some warnings like those:
> WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "archivo_inic CUATR.mif": Did not attach
> to Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
> WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "depth 3": Did not attach to
> Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
> WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "width 8": Did not attach to
> Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
>
> Is there another way to get a ROM with Core Generator so that it can be
> instantiated in the proyect and form there I can generate differents ROMs
> since te core that I created with differents the values of width, depth and
>   initialization file??
>
> Thank you
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

Take a look at creating ROMs using textio operations, that is, create
your own ROM via VHDL. I hope it will solve your problem.

--enes
From: Enes Erdin on
On 1 Şubat, 16:45, Enes Erdin <eneser...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Şubat, 14:33, "bellatoise" <arianapo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > My query is the next:
> > I'm working with Xilinx Ise Design Suite 11.1.
> > I need some ROMS with differents values of depth, width and initialization
> > files that I want to instantiate in one proyect. I need a generic ROM, so I
> > created one with Core Generator and I got its HDL code  using View HDL
> > functional Model.
> > Then I introduced the values of width, depth and initialization file like
> > generics values. In the proyect, I generated the ROMS intantiating this HDL
> > code, each one with differents values.
>
> > When I sintetize the proyect appears some warnings like those:
> > WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "archivo_inic CUATR.mif": Did not attach
> > to Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
> > WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "depth 3": Did not attach to
> > Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
> > WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "width 8": Did not attach to
> > Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
>
> > Is there another way to get a ROM with Core Generator so that it can be
> > instantiated in the proyect and form there I can generate differents ROMs
> > since te core that I created with differents the values of width, depth and
> >   initialization file??
>
> > Thank you
>
> > ---------------------------------------
> > Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>
> Take a look at creating ROMs using textio operations, that is, create
> your own ROM via VHDL. I hope it will solve your problem.
>
> --enes

> via VHDL

make that HDL
From: Mike Treseler on
bellatoise wrote:

> Ok, I can do my own ROM via HDL but I need to use a CORE. What can I do??
> I have to use a Core for demands of the proyect.
> Thank you

If I synthesize working HDL code for a specific device, I have a core.

core = synthesis - source.

If I have the source code for some rom, say
http://mysite.verizon.net/miketreseler/sync_rom.vhd
Then I can make rom cores for brands A-X by running synthesis
and then hiding the source code.

-- Mike Treseler
From: CP on
On 1 Feb., 13:33, "bellatoise" <arianapo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My query is the next:
> I'm working with Xilinx Ise Design Suite 11.1.
> I need some ROMS with differents values of depth, width and initialization
> files that I want to instantiate in one proyect. I need a generic ROM, so I
> created one with Core Generator and I got its HDL code  using View HDL
> functional Model.
> Then I introduced the values of width, depth and initialization file like
> generics values. In the proyect, I generated the ROMS intantiating this HDL
> code, each one with differents values.
>
> When I sintetize the proyect appears some warnings like those:
> WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "archivo_inic CUATR.mif": Did not attach
> to Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
> WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "depth 3": Did not attach to
> Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
> WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "width 8": Did not attach to
> Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
>
> Is there another way to get a ROM with Core Generator so that it can be
> instantiated in the proyect and form there I can generate differents ROMs
> since te core that I created with differents the values of width, depth and
>   initialization file??
>
> Thank you

> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

don't know whether that helps you, but you can easily generate any ROM
using vMAGIC, look at the demo page on http:// vmagic.sf.net