From: bellatoise on
>On 1 =C5=9Eubat, 16:45, Enes Erdin <eneser...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 1 =C5=9Eubat, 14:33, "bellatoise" <arianapo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Hi,
>>
>> > My query is the next:
>> > I'm working with Xilinx Ise Design Suite 11.1.
>> > I need some ROMS with differents values of depth, width and
initializat=
>ion
>> > files that I want to instantiate in one proyect. I need a generic ROM,
=
>so I
>> > created one with Core Generator and I got its HDL code =C2=A0using
View=
> HDL
>> > functional Model.
>> > Then I introduced the values of width, depth and initialization file
li=
>ke
>> > generics values. In the proyect, I generated the ROMS intantiating
this=
> HDL
>> > code, each one with differents values.
>>
>> > When I sintetize the proyect appears some warnings like those:
>> > WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "archivo_inic CUATR.mif": Did not
at=
>tach
>> > to Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
>> > WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "depth 3": Did not attach to
>> > Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
>> > WARNING:Xst:616 - Invalid property "width 8": Did not attach to
>> > Gen_circuito_realimentacion[3].Multiplicador_intermedio.M_int.
>>
>> > Is there another way to get a ROM with Core Generator so that it can
be
>> > instantiated in the proyect and form there I can generate differents
RO=
>Ms
>> > since te core that I created with differents the values of width,
depth=
> and
>> > =C2=A0 initialization file??
>>
>> > Thank you
>>
>> > --------------------------------------- =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0
>> > Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>>
>> Take a look at creating ROMs using textio operations, that is, create
>> your own ROM via VHDL. I hope it will solve your problem.
>>
>> --enes
>
>> via VHDL
>
>make that HDL

Ok, I can do my own ROM via HDL but I need to use a CORE. What can I do??
I have to use a Core for demands of the proyect.
Thank you

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: RCIngham on

>Ok, I can do my own ROM via HDL but I need to use a CORE. What can I
do??
>I have to use a Core for demands of the proyect.
>Thank you

It's very difficult to 'genericise' the CoreGen outputs, although certainly
possible for some types of cores.

You could have a 'generic wrapper' that calls up different CoreGen outputs,
for instance in VHDL using conditional generate statements (assuming that
the company coding standards let you).

Or you could just take the pain...

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com