From: DFresh on
When replying to an email and selecting reply or reply-all a single quotation
mark is inserted before and after the email address causing the email address
not to be recognized.

'johnsmith(a)test.com'
From: Slipstick on

DFresh;144396 Wrote:
> When replying to an email and selecting reply or reply-all a single
> quotation
> mark is inserted before and after the email address causing the email
> address
> not to be recognized.

> 'johnsmith(a)test.com'

It shouldn't affect it at all. What version of Outlook and what type of
email account do you use?

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

--
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: VanguardLH on
DFresh wrote:

> When replying to an email and selecting reply or reply-all a single quotation
> mark is inserted before and after the email address causing the email address
> not to be recognized.

> 'johnsmith(a)test.com'

So far, all you have shown is that the receiving *mail server* has
encapsulated a string representing an e-mail address with single quotes.
That does NOT mean that *your* e-mail client is adding the single quotes.
Go look at the contact record in your address book to see what you put in
there for the recipient's e-mail address.

Presumably you used a bogus e-mail address in your post here (i.e., there
was no "johnsmith(a)test.com" to which you intended to send an e-mail). For
whatever is the true e-mail address, maybe that account doesn't exist (now
or ever) at whatever domain was specified. It could very well be that the
recipient doesn't exist at the receiving mail server.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Outlook does enclose some addresses in ' and its been a long standing
complaint - it should not cause problems with the server though.

From: VanguardLH on
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

> Outlook does enclose some addresses in ' and its been a long standing
> complaint - it should not cause problems with the server though.

Haven't seen in in over a decade of using Outlook through several versions,
but I'm still back on OL2003 (of course, each person's experience is limited
so I simply may have never been exposed to the problem). The OP never did
mention WHICH version he uses. Is it an OL2007-only problem?