From: Waggers on
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a reading pane toggle onto the home
ribbon?

I'm trying to figure a way to do a simple on/off.

From: Slipstick on

Waggers;144387 Wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to put a reading pane toggle onto the
> home
> ribbon?
>
> I'm trying to figure a way to do a simple on/off.

The off/right/bottom commands are not exposed, only the menu where you
choose one of the options. Should be able ot use VBA to make a toggle if
you don't want to expand the button.

To add it to the ribbon or QAT, go to file, options, customize ribbon
(or QAT). Select All commands, tab into the commands and type R to jump
down.

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

--
http://forums.slipstick.com

From: Slipstick on

Slipstick;144406 Wrote:
> The off/right/bottom commands are not exposed

Oops... i lied. I didn't look at the right ribbon. Select Views (in the
Customize ribbon dialog) and you can add Off and Right buttons (reading
pane off is the one with the icon) - its not a toggle, but you can avoid
the drop menu. If you really want a toogle, use VBA.

From: Waggers on
Many thanks indeed - the two buttons are fine!

(Why on earth didn't I think of that!)

From: VanguardLH on
Waggers wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to put a reading pane toggle onto the
> home ribbon? I'm trying to figure a way to do a simple on/off.

The Microsoft Office 2010 forums are at:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010