From: Tom Serface on
That works for me too Dave, although, most of the time I put it in the Input
line under Linker properties. I know you can also link in libraries using a
pragma as well. Like all this other stuff, there are too many ways to do
the same thing ...

Tom

From: Ajay Kalra on
On Jan 7, 4:41 pm, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

> Joe and the others are incorrect.  Using Project Dependencies *does* in fact
> cause a link of the associated .lib file.  You _do not_ have to add the .lib
> manually to the linker input.

Well.. Live and learn. I had no idea this even existed. Also, it
doesnt make much sense to me as you shouldnt have one project change
other project. In addition, this has side effect of not working if you
compile/link the project(which depends upon the lib) by itself. This
will work if solution itself is compiled.

--
Ajay
From: Stephen Myers on
MFDonadeli wrote:
> With project dependencies, I can access all the classes and functions
> on this DLL, and in the build line command the lib apper at the end of
> the command.
>
> And I think that if project dependencies is wrong the solution that I
> describe, wouldn't compile:
>
> In this case I can access the Singleton if I remove the variable
> static CMySingleton* singleton and put on the Instance function like
> this:
> static CMySingleton* Instance()
> {
> static CMySingleton* singleton;
> if(!singleton)
> singleton = new CMySingleton();
> return singleton;
> }
> but the problem in this case, is that this function create another
> instance of CMySingleton, even if static singleton var is already
> initialized.
Exactly when do you get the unresolved external link error? Is it with
the DLL or when you try to reference the DLL?

It looks like the problem is you have an inline class, apparently
defined completely within the .h file. Where is

CMySingleton* CMySingleton::singleton = NULL;

This would usually be in MySingleton.cpp, and would be part of the
regular dll you are creating. Is it?

Steve
From: David Ching on
"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 7, 4:41 pm, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Joe and the others are incorrect. Using Project Dependencies *does* in
>> fact
>> cause a link of the associated .lib file. You _do not_ have to add the
>> .lib
>> manually to the linker input.
>>

> Well.. Live and learn. I had no idea this even existed. Also, it
> doesnt make much sense to me as you shouldnt have one project change
> other project. In addition, this has side effect of not working if you
> compile/link the project(which depends upon the lib) by itself. This
> will work if solution itself is compiled.

It works beautifully in this case. If your .lib changes and you rebuild the
lib project only, the next time you build the .exe which depends on it it
will see the .lib has changed and relink. It's even better. If you change
a .cpp file in the .lib and rebuild the .exe, it will first build the .lib,
then build the .exe. It's all as it should be.

-- David

From: Ajay Kalra on
On Jan 8, 11:26 am, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 7, 4:41 pm, "David Ching" <d...(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >> Joe and the others are incorrect.  Using Project Dependencies *does* in
> >> fact
> >> cause a link of the associated .lib file.  You _do not_ have to add the
> >> .lib
> >> manually to the linker input.
>
> > Well.. Live and learn. I had no idea this even existed. Also, it
> > doesnt make much sense to me as you shouldnt have one project change
> > other project. In addition, this has side effect of not working if you
> > compile/link the project(which depends upon the lib) by itself. This
> > will work if solution itself is compiled.
>
> It works beautifully in this case.  If your .lib changes and you rebuild the
> lib project only, the next time you build the .exe which depends on it it
> will see the .lib has changed and relink.  It's even better.  If you change
> a .cpp file in the .lib and rebuild the .exe, it will first build the .lib,
> then build the .exe.  It's all as it should be.

I agree that it works(I havent verfified it) but the behavior you
described is no different than if you explicitly put it the lib as on
the input libs. No?

--
Ajay