From: isuy on
Henrik Carlqvist wrote:

> Are you able to boot that disk without LILO if you disconnect the SATA
> drive? If not I would first start to try to fix your Windows installation.
> Once you know that you have a working bootablw Windows installation the
> next step would be to read the man page of lilo.conf and play around with
> options like bios, map-drive, master-boot and boot-as.

I executed liloconfig and it added the following lines to lilo.conf.

other = /dev/sdb1
label = Windows
# map-drive = 0x80
# to = 0x81
# map-drive = 0x81
# to = 0x80
table = /dev/sdb

I uncommented all the lines above. It boots Windows fine now.

Thank you all for your time.

From: isuy on
isuy wrote:

> I executed liloconfig and it added the following lines to lilo.conf.
>
> other = /dev/sdb1
> label = Windows
> # map-drive = 0x80
> # to = 0x81
> # map-drive = 0x81
> # to = 0x80
> table = /dev/sdb
>
> I uncommented all the lines above. It boots Windows fine now.

Here is the explanation why this work.

Windows is expecting to be the first disk in your computer and does
not know what to do when you try to boot it as the second drive. In
order to work around this, /etc/lilo.conf has to be modified as above.
What this does is fool DOS/Windows into believing that it is the first
drive in your system.

http://www.redhat.com/support/resources/faqs/rhl_general_faq/s1-bootloader.html