From: LGI on
Hello,
I can not find the option to use "Slide x of y" on the new Powerpoint slides.

I don't just need the slide number on each slide but the information eg
slide 1 of total slides 20.

Hope somebody can help me - With best regards,
Linda
From: Echo S on
This is not a feature in PowerPoint.

You might check into Bill Dilworth's add-in:
http://billdilworth.mvps.org/PageXXofYY.htm

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
You might also want to look at this add in which seamlessly adds the function
to Powerpoint. Turned on the xx of yy update automatically when slides are
added or deleted or moved and all the usual slide numbering functions eg
start from zero still work. Turn off and numbers are back to normal

Theres a free fully working 14 day demo.

http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/slidenumbers.html
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-
http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk