From: Espedal on
Greetings!

I'll try to be brief :). I work in the RNoAF as a staff Sgt, and hold daily
..ppt briefs in front of a large audience. Before each presentation, there
are usually 5-10 minutes of "wasted time" as people anter the room and find
their seats. During this time, it would be great if I could click a link or
button in the presentation that would take me directly to a picture
slideshow. The pictures would all be in a predetermined folder, but the
slideshow would have to be in random order so as to not be repetitive from
one presentation to the next.

Is there a way to create such a slideshow using Powerpoint or any other
software? Remember, it must be quick and easy to operate, and preferably
execute seamlessly from a Powerpoint presentation.

Best Regards
From: trip_to_tokyo on
PowerPoint 2007

Looks like you need a Custom Show.

Slide Show / Start Slide Show group / Custom Slide Show / Custom Shows /
Custom Shows window should open / New

This should give you what you want once you have new up the Custom Show.

Thanks.

From: Luc on
Espedal,
Have a look here concerning the linking to another slideshow:
http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointtutorials.htm#looping
To randomize a slideshow you will need an add-in:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/powerpoint/randomslideshow/
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

From: Chirag on
The following link should help you if you are using Windows 7 - it shows you
how to make use of the photo slide show screen saver built within Windows 7
from PowerPoint:

How do I start a photo slide show from PowerPoint?
http://officeone.mvps.org/ppttips/photo_slide_show.html

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

From: Steve Rindsberg on
Man, you've been busy, Chirag. Lots of good stuff on your site!

Thanks!

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint