From: Benjamin Weber on
Hi everybody,

I have PPT 2007 (Office Professional Plus) on a Windows XP (v2002, SP3)
machine. The problem is: the menu does not have the "Package for CD" icon!
It's ust not there.

So far I tried:
1) "Repair" using the installation CD
2) Remove PPT and install again
3) Looked for the command with "Customize" and put it into QuickStart. The
icon is grayed out
4) Installed all current updates
5) Checked MS help site but my files is not read-only, not marked as
finisched/completed, not in a network environment nor accessed by others
simultaneously
6) Presentations created on my computer can be packaged on computers of my
colleagues (who by the way used the same installation CD I used)

Any idea?
From: Jaime on
The option doesn't appear under the "Publish" menu either?

The obvious question would be if you have a CD burner in your computer or
just a reader.
--
James
Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen."

From: Benjamin Weber on
Hi Jaime,

thanks for your reply. As I wrote, the option does not appear, aslo not in
the "Publish" menu. That's were I looked in the first place ;-)

I have CD burner, not only a reader. We have several machine with the same
hardware configuration. On the other PCs which have PPT installed from the
same installation CD the option is available and works fine.

From: Jaime on
Was it this KB article you used to check for problems? Most of them
probably don't apply, since you can package the same presentation on other
computers.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923909

From: jpforestier on
It's hidden in the Office button/Publish
"Benjamin Weber" <BenjaminWeber(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: EE1786CD-0856-4624-B5CE-69B0A83D4019(a)microsoft.com...