From: MWulfe on
I recently upgraded from 32-bit Vista Ultimate to 64-bit 7 Pro. Under
Vista, I had no problems access an external 300gig USB drive with
thousands of files. Now, every time I access that drive (even just
opening explorer) it has to reindiex, or something that takes it
several minutes to finish before I can read any files.

What's goling on? What do I have to do to stop this?
From: Bobby Johnson on
In the Technet Win 7 Forums the USB problem has been discussed and the
problem is mostly associated with certain Intel chipsets and nVidia
chipsets.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

This link will show you some of the threads that have discussed:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=slow%20USB&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID%283a9dfd27-86e3-49bb-9722-56102b287ff4%29+site:microsoft.com&rn=Windows+7+Hardware+Compatibility+Forum

From: MWulfe on
I went to the sites you mentioned, downloaded and installed the fixes
even tho I don't have nVidia chipset, and this did not make any
difference.

From: Bobby Johnson on
What chipset does your motherboard have? Trying to install software for
other chipsets will not do anything.

From: MWulfe on

Its a Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L mobo with Intel P43 + ICH10 Chipset.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:10:03 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<rjohnson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What chipset does your motherboard have? Trying to install software for
>other chipsets will not do anything.
>

>On 2010-06-18 07:01, MWulfe wrote:
>> I went to the sites you mentioned, downloaded and installed the fixes
>> even tho I don't have nVidia chipset, and this did not make any
>> difference.
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:18:55 -0400, Bobby Johnson
>> <rjohnson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>> In the Technet Win 7 Forums the USB problem has been discussed and the
>>> problem is mostly associated with certain Intel chipsets and nVidia
>>> chipsets.
>>>
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro
>>>
>>> This link will show you some of the threads that have discussed:
>>> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=slow%20USB&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID%283a9dfd27-86e3-49bb-9722-56102b287ff4%29+site:microsoft.com&rn=Windows+7+Hardware+Compatibility+Forum

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Nvidia 257.21 WHQL
Next: ATI Catalyst 10.6 released