From: Maratonmannen on
Just released.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver.html

Maratonmannen
From: Phoenix on
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:10:03 +0200, "Maratonmannen"
<maratonmannen(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Just released.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver.htm

> Maratonmannen

Huh...it's says it installs an audio driver too ?
From: Dominic Payer on
The audio driver is needed to pass audio to the HDMI output, for the
GPUs which support HDMI.

From: Carlos on
Hi,
There's usally an audio chipset embedded in the graphic card.
In the case of ATI card, there's a Realtek digital audio chipset which
requires an independent driver.
This chipset works only when you use the HDMI output of the card.
Your regular speakers are driven by your motherboard audio or a sound card.
Carlos

From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:20:06 -0700,
Carlos<Carlos(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> There's usally an audio chipset embedded in the graphic card.
> In the case of ATI card, there's a Realtek digital audio chipset
which
> requires an independent driver.
> This chipset works only when you use the HDMI output of the card.
> Your regular speakers are driven by your motherboard audio or a
sound card.
> Carlos

> "Phoenix" wrote:

> > On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:10:03 +0200, "Maratonmannen"
> > <maratonmannen(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just released.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver.htm

> > > Maratonmannen
> >
> > Huh...it's says it installs an audio driver too ?
> > .

I have the GT8800. Two DVI outs. Would it install the audio driver
anyway?
I do have one output going to my TV (DVI to HDMI) but that wouldn't
make it able to carry sound.

--
romana(a)gallifrey.kasterborus