From: Renato on
I'm using Windows 7 x64 with Microsoft Office 2003 32-bit. The "Send To Mail
Recipient.mapimail" does work. I'm not sure if M$ fixed this in the new NT6
(I haven't tried Windows 2008) code but they should write a fix for NT5
(2003, XP).

From: John L John on
Thanks RNASNSMN!
One slight modification, be sure to add the /a switch to the shortcut so
that it will include the file you want to send in the email. The switch goes
outside of the quotes.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe" /a

"RNASNSMN" wrote:

> Creat a shortcut to your app in the ( C:\Documents and Settings\"user name
> here"\SendTo\ ) folder.
>
> I created a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
> Office\Office12\outlook.exe" in the send to folder because the right click
> send to "mail recipient" did not work.
> Now I right-click file(s) send to "Outlook". It opens up a new mail message
> with the attachments ready to send.
>

> I also deleted the "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail" file. You don't need to delete
> it. I don't need it.
>
> Hope this help you all..............RNASNSMN

> "Ryan K" wrote:
>
> > I'm using Microsoft Office 2007 on a machine running Windows XP Professional
> > x64. I would like to be able to right click on a file, select "send to mail
> > recipient", and have windows open an Outlook message with the file attached.
> > I selected Microsoft Outlook as my default email client, but Windows kept
> > opening Outlook Express instead. I then used the "Add/Remove Windows
> > Compoents" function in control panel to uninstall Outlook Express. Now when
> > I try using the "send to mail recipient" comman, nothing happens.
> >
> > I found an article online that said something about outlook not being
> > compatible with the 64 bit version of Windows Explorer, but it wasn't clear
> > if that problem applied to Office 2007.
> >
> > Any suggestions on a fix would be very welcome!
> >
> > - Ryan

Pages: 1
Prev: office
Next: Nvidia 257.21 WHQL