From: SMJD on
i have numerous video clips,how do i transfer just the list of file names ,
not the contents to create a printable text list file.

thank you in advance

I have office 2007 student
From: Bobby Johnson on
Open a Command prompt.
Go to (e.g.: cd \Videos) the directory/folder with the video clips.
Type 'dir > videos.txt'
The DIR output will create a file named videos.txt

This an "ancient" method left over from the MS-DOS days.

From: Jud Hendrix on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:53:40 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<rjohnson(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-13 16:23, SMJD wrote:
>> i have numerous video clips,how do i transfer just the list of file names ,
>> not the contents to create a printable text list file.
>>
>> thank you in advance
>>
>> I have office 2007 student
>
>Open a Command prompt.
>Go to (e.g.: cd \Videos) the directory/folder with the video clips.
>Type 'dir > videos.txt'
>The DIR output will create a file named videos.txt
>
>This an "ancient" method left over from the MS-DOS days.

If you have a decent editor, you can also run DOS commands inside it,
so you don't need to do funky things like redirection.
I use Ultra Edit Studio for HTML editing, and it can execute DOS-commands
by pressing F9. So the output of a DIR-command, appears straight in the
program. It's much easier to edit the text in UE Studio, as it has better
Search and Replace than MS-Word.

jud
From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Yup. Old, but still works just fine, with no special software or other
tricks.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel