From: daniel5455 on
My setup is brand new

Chenbro ES34069 Case
http://usa.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_detail.php?sku=79
2 x Hitachi Deskstar 1 TB Internal hard drive - 300 MBps - 7200 rpm
Motherboard - IntelĀ® Desktop Board DQ45EK
http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/DQ45EK/DQ45EK-overview.htm
OS - Home server with all latest patches

The drives on the home server are setup in a Raid 1 from the motherboard
raid software.

I have two users connected to this server and when they try to access files
it takes about 10 sec for the files to open. These are XP machines.

If i move the file to the external nas box then the files open quickly.

This is very frusterating can someone give me advice on what i can check
that would cause this.
From: Dave Patrick on
Try asking them here.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/WindowsHomeServer/