From: DanielleOM on

I wanted to get a small easy to setup mic to use at the board for open mic
venues. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am also debating on buying another Beta 58A to use for the performers or
whether to try something else. Not sure if the advantages lie with keeping
everything the same or having more choice.

Thanks

Danielle

From: Denny Strauser on
On 7/27/2010 5:11 PM, DanielleOM wrote:

> I wanted to get a small easy to setup mic to use at the board for open
> mic venues. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Do you mean a talkback mic? If so, I'd buy a cheap mic with an on-off
switch. That way you can turn off your talkback on the mic itself.

> I am also debating on buying another Beta 58A to use for the performers
> or whether to try something else. Not sure if the advantages lie with
> keeping everything the same or having more choice.

I'd buy another Beta 58A. This way your channel & main EQ's would stay
consistent.

- Denny
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"DanielleOM" <danielle.e(a)reply.to.group.com> wrote in message

> I wanted to get a small easy to setup mic to use at the board for open mic
> venues. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>

> I am also debating on buying another Beta 58A to use for the performers or
> whether to try something else. Not sure if the advantages lie with
> keeping everything the same or having more choice.
>

> Thanks
>
> Danielle
keep the mics the same, get a good used sm58 off ebay for the desk
george

From: Tim Perry on

"DanielleOM" <danielle.e(a)reply.to.group.com> wrote in message

> I wanted to get a small easy to setup mic to use at the board for open mic
> venues. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Please define "easy to setup"

also small...

for talk back I like
http://www.audio2000s.com/products/microphones/dynamic/apm1065.htm

> I am also debating on buying another Beta 58A to use for the performers or
> whether to try something else. Not sure if the advantages lie with
> keeping everything the same or having more choice.
>

> Thanks
>
> Danielle

Use SM58's its what everyone expects and is used to. Beta 58 if feedback
from the mains is the problem and the mains are at the side of the stage on
the null of the pattern. If they take the mic off the stand and hold it...
well there goes the null