From: James on
Hi Group, Is there any way to remove the Smart Folder? On the last
tweak to my Version 8.00b5 (3.0b1pre) of Eudora this was added and I
don't much care for it. Thanks, Jim

From: John H Meyers on
On 2/19/2010 6:13 PM, James wrote:

> Is there any way to remove the Smart Folder? On the last
> tweak to my Version 8.00b5 (3.0b1pre) of Eudora this was added
> and I don't much care for it.

"Smart Folders" is an added capability of Thunderbird 3
(hence also of "Eudora 8"), but you are not required to use it.

You can change your folder view by clicking the "triangles"
("All Folders" is the original, and probably most popular view)

I've recently read of some way to disable "Smart Folders"
from even being available, but why bother,
since it's only an optional view?

Today's "beta" version is 8.0b8 (several versions later than yours),
and a version based on the TB3 public release (Thunderbird 3.0 or 3.0.1)
is expected very shortly, according to Qualcomm.

From: M on
On Feb 19, 11:01 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On 2/19/2010 6:13 PM, James wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to remove the Smart Folder? On the last
> > tweak to my Version 8.00b5 (3.0b1pre) of Eudora this was added
> > and I don't much care for it.
>
> "Smart Folders" is an added capability of Thunderbird 3
> (hence also of "Eudora 8"), but you are not required to use it.
>
> You can change your folder view by clicking the "triangles"
> ("All Folders" is the original, and probably most popular view)
>
> I've recently read of some way to disable "Smart Folders"
> from even being available, but why bother,
> since it's only an optional view?
>
> Today's "beta" version is 8.0b8 (several versions later than yours),
> and a version based on the TB3 public release (Thunderbird 3.0 or 3.0.1)
> is expected very shortly, according to Qualcomm.
>
> --

Just because it is an optional view does not disable the feature. So
it still sucks up resources from your machine and network as it tries
to synchronize mail to servers even if you have that server set to NOT
check mail.