From: Dana F. Brewer on
I need a report with anywhere from 3 to 5 columns across. I want the column
headings (evenly spaced) to print with existing data (dates all coming from
one field) first and then a bunch of blanks below for the length of the page,
like so:

TERR1 TERR2 TERR3 TERR4
__________| __________| __________| __________|
__________| __________| __________| __________|
__________| __________| __________| __________|
__________| __________| __________| __________|
__________| __________| __________| __________|

and then terr5 through whatever else would print on the next page, and so
on. I've set the report up to group by TERR# and then to print the boxes I
want in the detail. I cannot figure out how to get blanks when there is no
more data and I can't figure out how to keep my boxes under the heading when
I choose columns (page setup). Is there a way to do this in Access? I'm
happy to do research but if someone could point me in the right direction
with as many key words as possible I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

....Dana
From: Duane Hookom on
I would create a multi-column main report with each unique TERR# only. Set
this to display across then down.

Then create a subreport of the dates and drop it onto the main report below
the TERR# text box. Make the subreport height tall enough to display all
dates. Then add line controls to fill the detail section. You may have to
play with the vertical spacing of the line controls to match the height of
the detail section in the subreport.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Dana F. Brewer" wrote:

> I need a report with anywhere from 3 to 5 columns across. I want the column
> headings (evenly spaced) to print with existing data (dates all coming from
> one field) first and then a bunch of blanks below for the length of the page,
> like so:
>
> TERR1 TERR2 TERR3 TERR4
> __________| __________| __________| __________|
> __________| __________| __________| __________|
> __________| __________| __________| __________|
> __________| __________| __________| __________|
> __________| __________| __________| __________|
>
> and then terr5 through whatever else would print on the next page, and so
> on. I've set the report up to group by TERR# and then to print the boxes I
> want in the detail. I cannot figure out how to get blanks when there is no
> more data and I can't figure out how to keep my boxes under the heading when
> I choose columns (page setup). Is there a way to do this in Access? I'm
> happy to do research but if someone could point me in the right direction
> with as many key words as possible I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ...Dana

Pages: 1
Prev: Testing with Access 2010