From: Bob Howard on
I'm currently testing an application under Access 2010 Runtime. The
application is developed in Access 2003 and works under Access 2003 and 2007
just fine. As I anticipate that some of my users (there are over 1,000
worldwide) will eventually want to use Access 2010, I decided to run some
tests.

Anyway, I'm having a few "issues." The one I'm trying to work on right now
deals with the Lebans Report-To-PDF software (which is now unsupported).
Again, it works fine in 2003 and 2007 (as it did back in A2K ... but I no
longer support that).

All my reports are internally defined as "portrait" using 8.5x11 paper. But
when I run this under Access 2010 Runtime (Windows 7), I get a PDF that's a
bit odd shaped.

I opened the PDF using the Adobe reader and checked the properties. It
shows a width of 11.69 inches, and a length of 8.27 inches (which is
landscape). And there's no footer on the page (there should be a footer
with the page number and date).

If I print this report using the same software, it comes out fine. This is
just an issue with Report-To-PDF.

Any clues why this could be happening?? And what I can do to fix it??

tia ... bob

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Bob,

On 11.03.2010 03:14, Bob Howard wrote:
> Any clues why this could be happening?? And what I can do to fix it??
Use Access 2010 native PDF support:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179181%28office.14%29.aspx

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Bob Howard on
stefan,

Per my initial post, this application is developed in Access 2003 and runs
on systems with Access 2003 or Access 2007 ... and now I'm trying to prepare
it for running on systems with Access 2010.

You suggestion does not seem to apply ... unless Access 2003 has native PDF
support. Does it?

bob

From: Bob Howard on
stefan,

I do note from the link you provided that Access 2010 no longer supports
exporting a file in the snapshot format ... and this is most likely the
problem with the Lebans ReportToPDF code since that's inherent in the logic.

So ... for an Access 2003 program running under Access 2010 --- how does one
create a PDF?

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Bob,

On 12.03.2010 00:15, Bob Howard wrote:
> So ... for an Access 2003 program running under Access 2010 --- how does one
> create a PDF?

DoCmd.OutputTo _
acOutputReport, "yourReport", acFormatPDF, "C:\Temp\Test.pdf"

mfG
--> stefan <--