From: "Len Conrad" on

>Len Conrad:
>> Dec 17 11:28:39 mx1 postfix/postscreen[4867]: fatal: open database /var/db/postfix/ps_cache.db: Invalid argument
>>

>You switched Berkeley DB versions, or you switched
>btree/hash types.

maybe "portsnap fetch update" upped the BDB version, I've changed nothing in the main.cf file.

>Delete the file, and try again.

When I saw found the error in syslog, I cp /dev/null to the file, but it still failed. rm the file works

thanks
Len

From: "Len Conrad" on
From: "Len Conrad" <lconrad(a)Go2France.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:30:54 +0100

>>Len Conrad:
>>> Dec 17 11:28:39 mx1 postfix/postscreen[4867]: fatal: open database /var/db/postfix/ps_cache.db: Invalid argument
>>>

>>You switched Berkeley DB versions, or you switched
>>btree/hash types.
>
>maybe "portsnap fetch update" upped the BDB version, I've changed nothing in the main.cf file.
>

>>Delete the file, and try again.
>
>When I saw found the error in syslog, I cp /dev/null to the file, but it still failed. rm the file works

==========

Is it possible/acceptable that ps_cache.db be a mysql table?

Len

From: Wietse Venema on
Len Conrad:
> >>Len Conrad:
> >>>

> >>You switched Berkeley DB versions, or you switched
> >>btree/hash types.
> >
> >maybe "portsnap fetch update" upped the BDB version, I've changed nothing in the main.cf file.
> >

> >>Delete the file, and try again.
> >
> >When I saw found the error in syslog, I cp /dev/null to the file,
> > but it still failed. rm the file works

Berkeley DB does not handle truncation gracefully.

> Is it possible/acceptable that ps_cache.db be a mysql table?

To discourage you from doing such things, postscreen now logs an
alert every time that database access takes 100ms or more.

When this alert triggers, postscreen performance is reduced to less
than 10 SMTP connections per second. That's worse than not running
postscreen at all.

Wietse