From: Paul Woodsford on
Intel iMac running Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.5.5.
When using Google Maps and Street View, the actual Image flashes On/Off as
it is constantly reloading. The same works fine in Safari.
Anyone have any help/Guidance to offer to fix this problem.

--
Welsh Gas
Remove usual to reply direct.

From: Gavin on
On 2009-11-07 06:43:03 +0000, Paul Woodsford
<paul.woodsfordNOSPAM(a)virgin.net> said:

> Intel iMac running Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.5.5.
> When using Google Maps and Street View, the actual Image flashes On/Off as
> it is constantly reloading. The same works fine in Safari.
> Anyone have any help/Guidance to offer to fix this problem.

Dont use FF?

--
Gavin.  ACSP 10.5
http://www.stoof.co.uk

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 06:43:03 +0000, Paul Woodsford
<paul.woodsfordNOSPAM(a)virgin.net> wrote:

>Intel iMac running Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.5.5.
>When using Google Maps and Street View, the actual Image flashes On/Off as
>it is constantly reloading. The same works fine in Safari.
>Anyone have any help/Guidance to offer to fix this problem.

It works fine here in 3.5.5 without flashing, so it's a local problem.

First thing is to try Safe Mode. Close FF, and while holding Alt
restart it. Disable all addons.

If it works now, then it's one of those extensions.

If it doesn't, create a new FF profile and see if it works there.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
the Complete Works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know
From: Rowland McDonnell on
Paul Woodsford <paul.woodsfordNOSPAM(a)virgin.net> wrote:

> Intel iMac running Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.5.5.
> When using Google Maps and Street View, the actual Image flashes On/Off as
> it is constantly reloading. The same works fine in Safari.
> Anyone have any help/Guidance to offer to fix this problem.

In your position, I'd begin by suspecting whatever additions you've
bolted on to Firefox.

Me, I keep:

Safari
Firefox
Camino
Opera
iCab
OmniWeb

available all the time, just in case one of them has trouble wiht a
given Web site. I tend to use Firefox most of the time, Safari as the
first `second string', and then OmniWeb and/or iCab if Safari turns out
NBG.

So far, the only Web browser on that list that's not been able to get a
particular page when all the others have failed is Camino - all the rest
have saved my bacon at least once when the other five have all been
unable to display a given Web address.

Strange, eh? Some of my Web problems seem to be ISP/router/net
connection related.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: Paul Woodsford on
On 07/11/2009 20:28, in article
1j8tvbm.1fsc6e2138utqqN%real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid,
"Rowland McDonnell" <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> Paul Woodsford <paul.woodsfordNOSPAM(a)virgin.net> wrote:
>
>> Intel iMac running Snow Leopard and Firefox 3.5.5.
>> When using Google Maps and Street View, the actual Image flashes On/Off as
>> it is constantly reloading. The same works fine in Safari.
>> Anyone have any help/Guidance to offer to fix this problem.
>
> In your position, I'd begin by suspecting whatever additions you've
> bolted on to Firefox.
>
> Me, I keep:
>
> Safari
> Firefox
> Camino
> Opera
> iCab
> OmniWeb
>
> available all the time, just in case one of them has trouble wiht a
> given Web site. I tend to use Firefox most of the time, Safari as the
> first `second string', and then OmniWeb and/or iCab if Safari turns out
> NBG.
>
> So far, the only Web browser on that list that's not been able to get a
> particular page when all the others have failed is Camino - all the rest
> have saved my bacon at least once when the other five have all been
> unable to display a given Web address.
>
> Strange, eh? Some of my Web problems seem to be ISP/router/net
> connection related.
>
> Rowland.
Excellent help from everyone, except the one who said " Don't use FF ".
Now fixed.
1.Tried Safe Mode - no joy, same problem.
2. Created new profile and it worked, so transferred ALL personal data,
bookmarks etc, checking after each file transfer that it was still working.
Then re-installed each Addon, checking after each one and hey Presto it is
still working, so obviously something corrupted in the Default Profile.

Thanks once again.
--
Welsh Gas
Remove usual to reply direct.