From: Bearded on
Help!

Installed Snow Leopard on the MacBook, Matthew the IT wizardzard
appeared and minutes later I can see all the office Windows network &
servers. Another bit of fiddling with proxies etc, and there's the web.

Then, when network was down for maintenance - while the wizzard did
essential stuff - I thought I'd try my T-mobile web n walk stick to
check my Gmail. Disaster. I double click on web n walk stick manager,
window flashes open, then closes with message Autoload has quit
unexpectedly. Same happens every time. So my laptop is now only useful
in hotspots and when plugged into home or office networks.

Aaaarrrrgggghhh!

T-mob don't even understand what I'm talking about.

Any suggestions?

TIA

--
Writer / editor on London's River

From: Ian McCall on
On 2009-09-05 09:24:40 +0100, Bearded said:

> Then, when network was down for maintenance - while the wizzard did
> essential stuff - I thought I'd try my T-mobile web n walk stick to
> check my Gmail. Disaster....

Yep - see some of my other posts. You're doomed for the moment, it uses
launch2net and that's not yet compatible.

> T-mob don't even understand what I'm talking about.

That's a different response to the one I got - I emailed them, they
recognised what I was talking about but no dates were given.

Cheers,
Ian

From: SteveH on
<Bearded> wrote:

> Help!
>
> Installed Snow Leopard on the MacBook, Matthew the IT wizardzard
> appeared and minutes later I can see all the office Windows network &
> servers. Another bit of fiddling with proxies etc, and there's the web.
>
> Then, when network was down for maintenance - while the wizzard did
> essential stuff - I thought I'd try my T-mobile web n walk stick to
> check my Gmail. Disaster. I double click on web n walk stick manager,
> window flashes open, then closes with message Autoload has quit
> unexpectedly. Same happens every time. So my laptop is now only useful
> in hotspots and when plugged into home or office networks.
>
> Aaaarrrrgggghhh!
>
> T-mob don't even understand what I'm talking about.
>
> Any suggestions?

Look here for a work-around.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134530&start=0&tstart
=0

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit
From: Ian McCall on
On 2009-09-05 09:45:02 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) said:

> <Bearded> wrote:
>
>> ...Any suggestions?
>
> Look here for a work-around.
>
> http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134530&start=0&tstart
> =0

One of the problems here is that there are many web'n'walk sticks
kicking about. The one I have is an Option iCON 431, specifically this
one:
<http://www.option.com/en/products/products/usb-modems/icon431/>
(hmm...never knew it had a MicroSD slot, potentially handy).

I can't get that going no matter what I try - OS X will recognise the
network interface, but I can't find any way of talking to it properly.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Flavio Matani on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> On 2009-09-05 09:45:02 +0100, steve(a)italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) said:
>
> > <Bearded> wrote:
> >
> >> ...Any suggestions?
> >
> > Look here for a work-around.
> >
> > http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134530&start=0&tstart
> > =0
>
> One of the problems here is that there are many web'n'walk sticks
> kicking about. The one I have is an Option iCON 431, specifically this
> one:
> <http://www.option.com/en/products/products/usb-modems/icon431/>
> (hmm...never knew it had a MicroSD slot, potentially handy).
>
> I can't get that going no matter what I try - OS X will recognise the
> network interface, but I can't find any way of talking to it properly.

My T-Mob one, a HUAWEI one, seems to work here ok; tried it with both
iMac and macbook and is seen and seems to connect ok.

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition